Never in my life has a man taught me how to dance (aside from Uncle Jodi and the electric slide) until today. I didn't catch his name, but I did catch his resume - Hails from Kansas City, dancing since 5, went to NYU graduated with honors in Dance - Went to Austria where several of his pieces were performed, dances in a company based on the East Side of Cleveland.
And I can't even do a grand plie without my ass sticking out.
Strengths: Balance, control
Weaknesses: Turnout, Posture, Flexbility
Terms I learned today:
Coup de pie - low on the ankle (cut the throat of the leg)
De ga je - a tendu but a few inches off the ground, same movement
ron de jam - i've been doing these for years but i didn't know this circular motion had a name
How I feel about dancing today:
Inherently crushed by my inability to keep my feet turned out in first or lift my leg any much higher than my knee height. Once upon a time this came naturally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment