"Pudgy aspiring dancer, age 24, limited experience in tap, extensive study of ballet and jazz, and non-traditional study of hip-hop - seeking opportunity to train as a semi-professional"
It's been months now, but I'm getting it all together. My training? One day a week... Mondays: Advanced Hip Hop and Ballet. Have I lost any weight? Probably not. (In fact, I'm confident that I have gained weight... all my size 6 jeans are awfully snug these days and I can't seem to get them feeling any looser, even if i do hold off for weeks before sending them through a cold water wash.)
Here are my (gasp) measurements:
Bust: 38.5"
Waist: 31.5"
Low Wasit: 35"
Hips: 39
Arm: 11"
Thigh: 23 1/2"
Increasingly bigger. This seems to be a recurring theme. If not my boobs, my wardrobe, or my debt.
I'm performing in my first show in over two years at the end of the month. I am now at the heaviest I have been in my life. "They" never joke when they say skinny and single or lovey and chubby. I admit, I used to have much more time to myself at the gym. That just might be what the doctor ordered.
In October, I resumed physical therapy for the meniscus tear in my right knee. Compensation injuries followed, including weakened ankles and less flexible hips. Evan moved to Cleveland in November and not long after we got engaged. That's probably when my regular training came to a halt - the 3 days a week dropped to one. Other stresses resorted to some very bad eating and since then I've been attempting to bounce back. I've never been a "dieter" by any means, but with the risk of injury growing with my weight, I might want to start. Also, saving for a wedding, I've reduced my health care coverage and can't imagine what will happen if I lose it. So here I am, still frustrated at the barre.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment